Pages

Sunday, June 7, 2009

adobong sitaw recipe

Cooking adobo has been a tricky task for me. I just can't seem to get the perfect combination of the vinegar and soy sauce. But yesterday I copied this recipe and it tasted wonderful! So I'm spreading the news.

Ingredients:
250 g ground pork
2 bundle of sitaw (cut into 1 inch long)
1 bay leaf
1/4 c vinegar
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 head garlic (peeled and crushed)
1 onion (peeled and thinly sliced)
groud black pepper to taste
2 tbsp cooking oil
2 hardboiled egg (this is what the recipe called for but I altered mine and used 3 instead!)
cilantro and red pepper flakes for garnish

Place the garlic, onion, pepper, bay leaf and pork in a pan.
Pour the oil on it.
Mix in the vinegar and cook over medium high heat until it boils.
Stir.
Pour in the soy sauce.
Stir.
Simmer for 10 minutes.
Add the sitaw.
Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
(optional: add 1/4 c water...I added about 3 tbsp of water to my version)
Garnish.

Instead of cooking pork adobo, the main ingredient here is the sitaw. This is because I wanted to serve healthier food to my family.

Related Posts with Thumbnails