Pages

Thursday, May 21, 2009

spicy kangkong

I found this spicy kangkong recipe online and did a little tweaking and voila..my own version!
Very easy to do and delicious too!
Here's what I used:
1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
1/2 tbsp finely chopped ginger
1 pc. chopped siling haba
2 pcs. chopped tomato
1 small sachet of maggic sarap
1 tbsp sugar
3/4 cup evaporated milk
2 bunch of kangkong, trimmed
1/2 tbsp patis
1 cup crushed chicharon
oil for frying
And here's how I did it:
Saute the garlic, ginger, siling haba, and tomato. After a few minutes add the magic sarap and the sugar. Then add the milk. Let simmer. Then add the kangkong and stir to coat it with the sauce. Cover and bring to a boil.
Season with patis.
Top with chicharon before serving.

Since I am not much of a cook, I miscalculated the amount of kangkong to put in the menu. Kala ko madami na ang 2 bungkos. Konti pala nun pag naluto na. So if you do decide to try this then adjust na lang the menu depending on how many will eat it.
Enjoy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails